This first AEUP conference workshop topic is Going digital in Europe – joining forces in scholarly publishing. It will be held at Stockholm University Library May 16-17.
The workshop offer European publishers linked to a university the opportunity to meet, to get to know each other, to network, and to discuss important topics of high interest.
The Conference workshop is open to all AEUP members and other presses and supporters specifically interested in institutional publishing and/or membership.
AEUP keynote speakers
- Welcoming address: Astrid Söderbergh Widding, Vice-Chancelor and Professor at Stockholm University
- Jonas Holm on European Commission Copyright
- Charles Watkinson on Institutional publishing as a phenomenon
- Beate Eellend on open access publishing in Sweden
- Pierre Mounier (OpenEdition) on Open Science infrastructure efforts for the Social Sciences and Humanities in Europe
AEUP workshop discussion themes
- Let’s talk about quality (quality assurance, reviewing processes, branding, reputation)
- From print to digitality (positioning as a scholarly press in the wake of internet and open access)
- On business and sustainability (positioning the press in the research cycle)
- Future trends of publishing – are we doing the right thing?
The SUP team looks forward to the conference workshop and all the possibilities that may open. Welcome to join on twitter #AEUP17